(Sorry for the low-quality pic...I took it with my phone!)
("Miss Jamey clothes".... haha!)
Saturday evening we decided to go the very easy route with dinner and went to a local fast food-ish type place. I didn't have shoes on (don't ask...I actually forgot them) so we changed plans and brought the food back home with us. Now, I asked Emmy if she wanted to bring the food back to our house and have a picnic because she was disappointed that we weren't taking her out to eat (she is now in love with the IDEA of going out for meals....but sitting still from start to finish is still a major hurdle). She changed "picnic" to "Ladybug Picnic" based on this Elizabeth Mitchell CD I downloaded recently that has a song called Ladybug Picnic. So, we brought the food home, I put a red and white checkered blanket on the living room floor, and we ate our dinner there. It was so much fun! I looked at Paul halfway through dinner and told him this is what I always dreamed of- doing silly things for our kid(s) and making sweet family memories. I looove how much fun we can have with her now.
Sunday we had a lazy morning, just venturing to the grocery store before Emily's nap. Much to our surprise, we heard from my parents and sister, who were less than an hour away and wanted to come see us! Needless to say, we were very excited to see them and Emily was super happy too, even though I woke her up from her nap to see them. She wasn't cranky at all (and if you know her well, you know this is impressive!) We played with my family for a while and then they had to keep heading home. Later Sunday night I asked Em what her favorite thing about the day was (I ask every evening). She said, "Pop!"...which is what she calls my dad. It was too precious.
So that's our weekend in a nutshell. Emily also informed me that for Halloween, she would like to be a T-shirt. Yup....you read that right. I don't have ANY idea how I'll handle this one, haha!
Look for the monthly update next weekend- we're almost 34 months now (and 34 weeks next week with Audrey...both of my girls are "34"!!)






No comments:
Post a Comment