Saturday, August 21, 2010

Emily is 34 Months Old!


My sweet girl is 34 months old today...how time flies!  She is super fun right now and really is taking off in a lot of areas.  Here's your monthly update!

- She is really, really excited about Audrey.   She asks me every day when Audrey is going to be "borned out" (her terminology for childbirth, haha!) She is probably really looking forward to Audrey's birth because I've not been allowed to pick her up and hold her- I have to bend down to her. 

- When I'm bending down to hold her, she says, "You haffa hold me down here until Baby Audrey gets borned out!"  It is precious!

- She is still loving to cook with me, only now it's getting to where she has to also decide WHAT we are cooking as well.  The other day she insisted on making a cake with me.  It was late (after school) and I wanted her to go to bed so I finished the baking and frosting myself.  I secretly saved some of the cake mix and made her a couple of cupcakes.  The next morning she came downstairs and immediately yelled, "THE CAKE IS READY!!" because she saw it waiting on the counter to go to school with me for my teammates.  I quickly pulled out the cupcakes and showed them to her so she wouldn't be sad the cake was going with me to work...and it worked!! She was so excited to come home on Friday night and eat her cupcake. 

- She is starting to copy what we say.  I don't love this!  It drives me a little bit crazy, but what can you do?  She sounds really funny doing it, she even gets the same tone and body language with it, so it's so hard not to laugh at her.

-We had this conversation the other day:
Me: "Is Miss Christina still wiping your bottom at school?" (She had had a rash and I asked the teacher to help her).
Emily: "No."
Me: "Who is wiping your bottom?" 
...Emily: "Daniel" (a little boy in her class!!!!!!)
Me: "WHAT?"
Emily, insert guilty look: "Miss Christina".

HAHAHAHAHAHA.....you should have seen my face!

- This morning we were setting up Audrey's crib and Emily kept coming in and taking the screws and saying she had to "crack" Audrey's crib.  Not really sure what crack means but she was very intent on doing it!

- She has the cutest pronunciations for a few words--
    - neighborhood = nayver hoog
    - flash cards/ flashlight = splash cards/ splashlight
    - upstairs/downstairs = updairs/downdairs

- She is capable of making it up and down the stairs alone now.  If you've ever been to our house you know we have 13 hardwood stairs with a baby gate at the top and the bottom.  So how is she going up and down by herself?  Well, she simply opens the baby gates now! It's a fantastic trick....NOT!  I hate to see her on the steps but it's almost impossible to stop her- she is SO proud of herself.  She will come down with us and then suddenly "remember" something from upstairs that she simply MUST go get.  Then she's doing everything she can to get back up the stairs to go get it.  She'll say, "Oh NO- I forgot my silk!  I haffa go back updairs and get him or he will be very sad!" And then before you know it, she's opened the downstairs gate and is halfway up the steps again.  Crazy kiddo!

- This month whenever someone visited us, she wanted to leave our house and "go on a trip" with the visitors.  It was so cute but a little sad too since A) she couldn't go with them and B) why does she want to leave us so badly?  (I mean, besides the fact that she has a sister coming, ha ha!)

- She is in love with the whiteboard that Grandma Frances bough for her, and constantly asks to do the board and the pens (we keep the dry erase markers put up away from her other coloring stuff).  She has gotten pretty great at tracing her own name!  I am pretty impressed.

-Emmy hit her head on her bed one night, sat straight up, looked at me, and said, "Awwww dammit!". Fantastic.....


- We are beginning to have issues with telling the truth.  She has figured out if she says she has to go potty I will basically drop everything and take her.  Most of the time she can pee on demand, so I can never really be upset, because she does go..... but it is super annoying to get up from dinner twice in 5 minutes or to have to go back upstairs every night so she can poo poo, even though I make her try to poo poo every night BEFORE bed.   She'll say she doesn't have to go but then just moments later, suddenly she does need to.  This afternoon she was in her bed, "trying" (I use the word very loosely!) to nap, and she started yelling out, "MOMMY!  I HAFFA POOP!  I AM NOT TELLING YOU THE TRUTH!!"  How does someone even begin to respond to that?!?!

- We also had this conversation recently: 

Me: "Emmy, what color hair do you think Audrey has?" 

Emmy: "Purple." 

Me: "What color eyes?" 

E: "Rainbow.". 

Apparently Audrey is not my daughter, but Lisa Frank's. :) Love it!!



That's all I can think of for right now.  She's getting cuter, smarter, and sweeter with every day.  Thanks for checking in on our sweet girl! 

No comments:

Post a Comment