Saturday, January 21, 2012

Emily is 4 Years and 3 Months Old!

Emily has had a wonderful month!  She enjoyed her trip to Disney so very much and is growing bigger and smarter every day.  Here's what life is like with her right now:

- she is completely out of size 4 pants- her legs are supermodel long and she needs size 5 pants now or it looks like we're ready for a flood!

- she has a good understanding of healthy foods and unhealthy foods (she still prefers mostly unhealthy though, haha!)

- she got her recital costume for dance class and is IN LOVE with it- wants to look at it, touch it, etc.  She really wants to wear it but I'm not letting her!

- she loves cranberry juice.

- she has re-fallen in love with the green elephant she got from Grandaddy when she was about 8 months old.  I think it's because Audrey found the elephant and was playing with it. ;)

- she is being more gentle with Audrey (thank goodness!)

- she is continuing to insist on changing clothes when she gets home from school and also again before bed.  Because we all know that Mommies love doing laundry, right? :)  I tell Paul it's job security for me!

- she can write every letter and all number up to 20.

- she can read about 15 sight words.

- she sang me an entire song yesterday about Abraham Lincoln being the 16th president.  I guess she hears this stuff at school but seriously? I had no idea she even knew who our current president is!!

There are actually no photos from this month outside the Disney albums... (I know, I know, bad Mommy!)  We have been crazy busy AND it's been super cold and dreary so we haven't been playing outside except for the trip to Florida.  I won't let it happen again! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment