Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Disney Trip- Day 4

Today was our last full day at Disney, and we lived it up, for sure!  We had breakfast at the Magic Kingdom- at Cinderella's Royal Table, inside the C-A-S-T-L-E!!  It was so delicious and Emily was overjoyed to meet all of the princesses.  It was a very fancy breakfast and so much fun for all of us. 

Rushing to the castle- we didn't want to be late!

 Meeting Cinderella in the foyer.
 Our little princess going up the red carpet steps to the dining room.
 Waving her wand and making a wish!
 Snow White!
Princess Aurora!
 ARIEL!  Emily was so, so excited to meet her favorite princess!
 Belle!
 After breakfast we started touring the Magic Kingdom again.  We ran into Pinocchio before heading to Tomorrowland- where everything is 'futuristic'. :)



Paul and I took turns riding Space Mountain while Emily met Buzz Lightyear.  So fun!

 We came out of Tomorrowland just in time for another parade!







 After the parade we decided to head to Downtown Disney for our lunch at Wolfgang Puck's restaurant.  It was absolutely POURING the rain and that kind of ruined our time there.  Also, Downtown Disney is really just a large shopping area- I think we'll skip it next time and go someplace with characters, attractions, etc (like maybe Hollywood Studios would have been a better fit). Additionally, it took about 40 minutes each way to ride the buses to Downtown Disney- not the best use of our time. 

Still, there were some very cool things in Downtown Disney-- especially LegoWorld!  There were all kinds of HUGE Lego sculptures (??? not sure what to call them, exactly!) outside.  This was Em's favorite:



 We came back to our resort for a while to rest (one thing we didn't anticipate on this trip was how absolutely WORN OUT we would be.  Disney. Is. Exhausting!  It's GO GO GO all the time and at some point, you will crash!)

After dinner we headed back into the Magic Kingdom to have dinner at Tony's (modeled after the restaurant in Lady and the Tramp- I was in LOVE!)  I was very excited for this dinner as my childhood BFF, Aziza, has worked at Disney for 5 years now and she was able to come and meet us this night!  I have no idea HOW I forgot to take our photo together, but we greatly enjoyed having her join us for dinner.  I hope Emily's wild antics didn't make her too scared of children, lol!

After dinner we came back out to the end of Main Street.  We were in PERFECT position for the end of the last Move It, Shake It, Celebrate It Parade and the Wishes fireworks show-- this night we could watch AND not get stuck in the crowds.  Wonderful!!







I didn't take photos of the fireworks this time, since it was the third time we'd seen them.  I did take some videos on my phone that I'll post in a few days.  It was an amazing evening to cap off a wonderful day!

1 comment:

  1. Everything looks so incredible Allison!!! Emily seriously looks like she's in heaven. :)

    ReplyDelete