Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Emily is 3 Years and 11 Months Old!!!

It's almost time for Emily's FOURTH birthday! How is this happening? She is growing up so quickly...it's incredible. Here's what life is like this month:

- She is getting so funny, always saying and doing lots of things to make us laugh. The other night I asked her if she liked the new sheets on her bed and she said, "I didn't ask for these sheets, you crazy woman!!" She is always being silly and calls things the wrong names on purpose, etc. It's a laugh a minute around here.

-She's also started some funny speech patterns-- when we pass Kroger she yells, "Krogert!!" and she thinks the word 'toward' is "batoward"... So she'll ask if we're going 'batoward' the gate, 'batoward' the bed, etc. So funny! She also calls the suspension bridge we sometimes go across the "laying down bridge"... No clue why! When we are watching TV she will ask us to watch HER 'news' (her news is Mickey Mouse, Sesame Street, Little Einsteins, etc). Too funny!

- She earned a special prize at school for singing her 'Long A' song-- it's a phonics-sound song that they have been practicing. Miss Teresa says that she knows the whole thing, but she won't sing it all for me. Stinker!

- she fell out of bed one night this month, only the second time ever. She was so confused when I went to help her get back in!

- she is getting a lot better at art and drawing. This month she started drawings hearts and she draws us pictures all the time now that are pretty darn accurate. She is SOOOOO smart- I really wish she could go to Kindergarten next year (but that's another post for another day).
"The ocean and the sun."

"The ocean, the sun, a boat and a big splashing wave."


- She has been playing outside a lot more with our neighbors and loves getting to be with the big kids. She is getting stronger and can ride her bike easier now.

- She gets very frustrated when I try to take her picture now.


- She is obsessed with the number 20-- everything big or impressive is 20-- i.e., "Wow-- he is probably going to run 20 times!" "I'm going to take 20 bites!" "We should buy 20 pumpkins for our house!".

- She is adding different ending sounds to words right now-- especially "oh"...so Audrey is Audro, I am Mom-o, Paul is Dad-o.  She is insanely silly and cracks herself up all the time with these little games.

- She wears size 8.5- 9 shoes and size 4 or 5 shirt.  She also knows her sizes now and loves to help me look for clothes and/or shoes in "my own size". 

That's all the news I have for now.  Check back soon-- October is a BIIIIIG month for Miss Emily!! :) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment