Friday, September 2, 2011

Audrey is ONE Year Old!

It's true, it's true!  My sweet baby Audrey is a year old today.  Time has FLOWN by since last Sept. 2, when I drove to work and never imagined that I'd have a baby in my arms before the end of the school day.  (Looking back,  I guess it's a good thing I left when I did, or a bunch of first graders might have had a VERY interesting day at school, haha!)  Here's what life is like with Miss Audrey now:

- We've had a ROUGH patch here lately-- about 10 days of crying, crying, crying, and more crying.  Oh, with a side of whining and a portion of "you must hold me every single minute" as well.  It has been so hard!  I hate to see her upset but I also have things that have to get done (I'm not talking fun stuff here, friends...I'm talking laundry, making dinner, etc.  I can't do it all during nap!)  Most of our days as of late have looked like this: 



Not pretty, is it? 

- Related to said rough patch, Audrey now has an incisor, which brings the tooth count up to 5 (2 top, 2 bottom, and an incisor).  Maybe now that it's broken through my sweet baby can come back? Please?

- She is crawling in her peg-leg crawl still, but she is FAST!  She definitely doesn't hold back when she's decided she wants something. 

- She loves to pull up on different things...really anything at all, including: me, the dog, the over drawer, kitchen drawer, the inside of the fridge, the dishwasher door, the couch, a stepstool, the easel upstairs, all of her toys, the dress up box...you name it.  She really spends a lot of time pulling up and falling back down!

- She is in love with the little pouch puree baby foods.  She drinks/eats them straight from the packaging like it's a capri sun or something!

- She knows how to clap her hands, "give pats" (she pats the person holding her), give kisses, and give high fives.

- She is saying something that sounds more and more like "dog" whenever Katie comes around.  We're getting closer to a real word!

- She has been sleeping through the night almost every night (well, until this teething situation, anyway).  This is great because she has sort of eliminated the MOTN bottle all on her own-- hooray!

- She is obsessed with trying to eat little tiny pieces of ANYTHING that she can find.  I'm constantly having to grab stuff out of her mouth!

- She loves to have her hair stroked when I'm holding/rocking her after her bottle.  She will put my hand back if I try to move it!

- She gets so excited when Emily comes around but will push her away and yell if Em tries to hug/kiss her too hard. 

- She will crawl from anywhere downstairs to go into Emily's room to play- it's so funny!  She loves Emily's castle:

 - She gets so excited about the bathtub now- screams and kicks and flails her arms.  It's too cute!

- She can eat animal crackers on her own now-- chews them up and everything.  She is getting SO big!


That's all I have for the monthly update.  I'll post party pics, doctor appointment updates, etc. ASAP! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment