Sunday, May 1, 2011

Pretty Little Sunday/ "Peeling Corn"

Today was gorgeous and we spent it together as a family...making it double-y good!  We decided to have a nice, relaxing day cleaning the house (sort of), packing some odds and ends, and playing with the girls.  Fun! 

Emily told us that she wanted "long corn" (aka, corn on the cob) for dinner...so I made sure to buy some this morning at the store.  I thought she was probably old enough to learn to shuck it, so I set about teaching her.  She LOVED "peeling corn" with me!  It was so cute.  She was so proud to eat the corn she had "peeled" tonight at dinner.  Look at these precious pics:

Our corn, pre-peeling.





I'll leave you with a shot of one of our beautiful roses.  At each home we've owned (we're on number 4 now, if you count the new one!), Paul and I have planted those $6 roses that are sold at Sam's....and each time, we've been amazed at how many blooms we have gotten!  I am not kidding you when I say that there are currently 10 roses in my kitchen in a vase and another TWENTY SIX outside on the bushes!  They are gorgeous and I will really miss them! 

No comments:

Post a Comment