Thursday, April 21, 2011

Emily is 3 and a half!

Our big girl hit a major milestone- 3 and half years old!  She is growing so much and is such a delight right now- this is a wonderful age!  Here's what life is like right now:

- She loves to play pretend games.  Anything- teacher and students, princesses and princes, dress up, doll house, animals... you name it, she'll play it!  So much fun and she has SUCH an amazing imagination already. Super fun!

- She can now write her name by herself- with no help (like she doesn't need someone to say the letters for her).  She is so proud of this!

- She moved to a new classroom- now she's with other kids who are 3.5-4 years old.  It's nice for her to be the youngest because it gives her some new friends to play with and she can learn something from them and be a bit more of a follower instead of a leader...er, a boss. 

- Speaking of being the boss, she'll gladly tell you that she IS the boss.  As her last teacher put it, Emily has "Leadership Qualities"....hahahaha!  That is TOTALLY Teacher Speak for "your child is bossing around all the other kids".  I always knew Paul and I would make a bossy kid- look at us!!! :)

- She loves to play outside but is terrified of bugs.  I definitely never use that to my benefit to get her out of flower beds, etc....never!

- Emily loves to sing and now is singing all kinds of hilarious songs that sound like this:
...she's a girl, yes she's a girl...
and she is a PRIN-cess, and she is a girl.
and she has a dog named Malalalshaya and she has a mommy
and a daddy and a SISter and she likes to PLAAAAAAAY and she
is a princess and I like to go outside and I am a girl
and I like to sing a song
sing a song 
sing a SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG
and I am laughing and
and
and
and
 I 
I 
I am a girl and I am Rapunzel's Mooooooooooooother...

it is HILARIOUS to eavesdrop when she starts singing!

- She ate lunch in WV last weekend and was an absolute ANGEL- never got up out of her booster seat, never spoke too loudly, ate her lunch and listened so quietly.  It was AMAZING!

- She plays well with Audrey but gets very upset when Audrey puts Em's toys in her mouth.  Then she comes and tells me to please wash her toys since Audrey has made them "sooooooo dirty". Haha!

- She's getting super excited for the new house/ the move.  We spent last weekend there and she LOVES her new house, the river, etc. and is kind of over living between 2 places.  Not much longer now!

I'm sure there's more but that's what I can think of right now.  She is so much fun and we're so proud of her!  

No comments:

Post a Comment