Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Audrey's 9 Month Well Child visit!

Audrey was feeling under the weather over the weekend so I got her an appointment with the pediatrician.  While we were there she went ahead and did Audrey's 9 month visit since we're moving on FRIDAY (yes, as in 3 days from now...I'm so excited!).  Here's the stats on our little lady:

Weight: 16lbs 6oz
Height: 26 1/2 inches
Head Circ: 17 inches

Now, here's the tricky part.  She was measured against the statistics of all other 9 month old baby girls-- her chronological age.  However, because of her prematurity, she is *really* only supposed to be turning 8 months old...so the numbers are skewed a little.  Here's her stats with the 8 month percentiles in purple  and the 9 month percentiles in green:

                                8 Months                9 Months 

Weight: 16lbs 6oz       17th %                     9th %

Height: 26 1/2 inches   24th %                   12th %
Head Circ: 17 inches   33rd%                    21st %

As you can see, when she's measured against babies her adjusted age, she doesn't seem so shrimpy!!  Regardless, she is small, smaller than I thought.  Our pediatrician said to go ahead and "treat her like a regular baby" and feed her table food instead of just baby food.  We got the go ahead for pretty much anything she will eat (except things like peanut butter, honey, cow's milk, etc. of course..)  So it looks like she's going to get to try some new foods soon!  Last night I looked to see what we had available-- it's not much considering we've been trying so hard to eat all the food in our house so we don't have to move it, haha!  But I was able to find her some corn and some shredded cheese, which she really liked.  I feel guilty that we don't have much to offer her but next week will be better. :)   She also needs to get better with her pincer grasp, because right now she mostly palms the food and then she can't figure out to open up her palm to find it.  It's cute to watch but I feel bad for her since she gets frustrated when she's not getting to eat! 

Look for an update about that sweet princess on the 2nd, when she's really 9 months old.  Thanks for checking on my little ladies!

No comments:

Post a Comment