Wednesday, March 23, 2011

UNhappy Baby!

Poor Audrey is a mess right now.  For the past few days she has been having a tough time- lots of tears and fussing, which is completely abnormal for her.  Well, last night she fussed for almost 90 minutes (off and on) before Paul and I gave up and let her get up.  She laughed, cooed, smiled, etc at us and we figured she was just acting up a bit (she had been in WV with my in laws over the weekend and got a little spoiled, sleeping in arms, etc.)  We tried to put her down and she got SO upset- we're talking inconsolable crying...so atypical for our little girl.  Finally she gave up and we went to bed.


Or so we THOUGHT she gave up.  She woke up, as usual, around 2:30am and I gave her a bottle and put her back to bed.  Paul and I have both been suffering from some insomnia...tons of stress in our lives right now...so I was lying there, not sleeping, when she started crying again.  And again.  And again...until it was 4:30 and we STILL had not gone back to bed (by this point I had sent Paul to the guest room to sleep since he is on call for everything--adults, peds, rehab-- tonight).  I went downstairs and requested a substitute teacher for the morning since there was just NO way I could teach all day if my day started at 2:30.  She finally slept around 5 and I slept with her in my bed...until 6:15, when Emily woke up.  I. Was. Exhausted.!! I never really got anymore sleep and we just got up and got ready for the day. 

In the morning, when I was getting ready to go to work, Jamey called and said that Audrey seemed like she might have an earache (fyi, Emily has NEVER had one, so I had no idea what to look for).  Paul was able to take her in to the pediatrician this morning and she has a slight ear infection but the doctor was mostly thinking this is all caused by teething...apparently poor Audrey's gums are super inflamed and she expects us to see multiple teeth any day now.  Honestly....this is one time it's ok to not be an overachiever, lol!  Although I guess if she gets a few at once it means we deal with this for less time....

At any rate...I am beat.  Just wanted to put this on the blog for posterity's sake...someday we'll look back on this and remember how hard it was to have young children and constantly have interrupted sleep.  But for now...I'm going to bed. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment