I am stunned at how quickly the time is passing. She is growing bigger, stronger, and more interactive every single day. It's amazing to see her develop so quickly now that we have her swallowing issues under control. I tell Paul ALL the time how it seems like she was asleep for 3 months or something, and has now woken up. Of course she wasn't really asleep, but due to her aspirating fluid during every bottle she was constantly so sick she wasn't able to do things other babies do. So I'm THRILLED that she's moving so fast now! Here's a snippet of what life is like with sweet Audrey right now:
- she is rolling! Tummy Time is basically a thing of the past- it only takes about 30 seconds or so for her to roll over to her back. She also rolls to her tummy from her back and I've even caught her sleeping on her tummy too...be still my heart! I wish she'd just stay on her back!
- She is transferring toys from one hand to the other, and constantly has her hands in her mouth. She grabs at everything (hair, jewelry, clothes...you just better watch out!) It's so cute to watch her grab hold of anything she can and drag it to her mouth.
- Speaking of her mouth, we're expecting to see more teeth in there any day now. She has 2 upper incisors that have been through the skin just barely for almost a month now. Tonight we were looking and her bottom 2 teeth might be next- the gumline was raised and redder than the rest of her mouth. I know she's hurting- she's been super fussy and hungrier than normal. Poor pumpkin!
- She loooooves to play in the exersaucer! It's amazing to watch her develop a little more every single time she gets in there! At first she would just look around (overwhelmed!) at the toys. Now she's grabbing them, turning the pages on the book, spinning the ball/wheel toy, squeezing the plush toys...all in a matter of a couple weeks. She also has figured out how to spin the chair around in a complete circle. We have the exersaucer in the kitchen and she watches us cook and move around the room. We love it!
- She continues to adore Emily. I wish I had a video camera I could sneakily pull out to catch their little moments together- they melt my heart! Tonight Emily was holding Audrey on the couch and Audrey was just blabbering away to her. She always stops playing whenever Emmy comes nearby and Emily stops to give Audrey kisses and hugs. Tonight Emily was even cheering for Audrey as we noticed she was playing with a new exersaucer toy. Precious!
- She is in size 2 diapers now and is eating 5oz every 4 hours.
- Tonight, given the go-ahead from the pediatrician, we are going to let her try solids for the first time! We are so excited to let her try rice cereal, even though we know she's not going to like it at all probably. I can't wait for this big milestone!
That's about all we have now. She is going to go to WV with us in a couple weeks to close on our new house (Emily will stay here with my in-laws since we'll be painting and stuff and Emily can't shouldn't help with that, haha!) We're looking forward to the closing, of course, but also to having a few days with just our little girl. Life is good!





No comments:
Post a Comment