Wednesday, March 2, 2011

6 Month Well Baby Visit

Audrey had her 6 month well child visit today.  Paul took her again because tomorrow I will be out of school for part of the day for my LASIK eval and I couldn't miss that much time (still in the negative as far as sick time goes thanks to maternity leave and all Audrey's illnesses pre-swallow study!)

Her stats:

Weight: 14lbs 13oz (75th%)
Length: Well, we don't actually know because Daddy can't remember!  Last time I send a man to do a woman's job....  I'll measure her tomorrow to find out, haha!
Head Circumference: See "length" above...;)

The pediatrician said she looks good and gave us the go-ahead to start rice cereal and other 1st foods.  She got several shots today but Paul said she was only upset for just a second- not the total meltdown we've had in the past.  She goes back in one month for a flu-shot booster.


I love the look on her face here....like, "Ok mom....bleck!"

Big belly baby!
Tonight we tried rice cereal for the first time.  She loved it!  She did really well and probably ate a tablespoon total.  I guess we'll do the same procedure we did with Emily and will do rice for a little bit (3-4 days) and then do all vegetables for a week each, then all fruits for a week each.  I can't believe it's time for her to be eating solids already! 

Finally...today was Dr Seuss' birthday so I just had to share my getup for school today....I also had to pick Emily up at school and BOY did I get some crazy looks!!

1 comment:

  1. LOVING your Dr. Seuss!!! So glad Audrey is doing great :)

    ReplyDelete