Friday, January 21, 2011

Emily is 3 Years and 3 Months Old!

It's time for the monthly update!  Emily is doing so well and continues to grow and amaze us.  Here's what she is doing right now:

- She loves to cut with scissors (she has a little set of Fiskars Preschool ones that I bought and keep locked up at ALL times...3 year old girls are notorious for cutting their own hair!)  She will gladly cut any piece of paper into about 200 little pieces if you'll let her.

- She loves to dance in the car.  On the (mostly rare) occasions that it'st just she and I in the car, she will ask me to "play it loud" and we will bob our heads around and wave our arms and dance.  It's so cute and totally makes my day!

- She is VERY into Pretend Play now.  Paul and I are constantly getting roped into her games (2 favorites- A) when she is the teacher [her name is Iddie] and Paul and I are her students [Paul is named Coco and I am Marlo and when she is given a chance to play, Audrey's name is Cutie] and B) when she is Tinkerbell and Paul is Terence and I am SilverMist and Audrey is Rosetta and Katie is Cheese the Mouse, from her Tinkerbell movies).  She sets up very elaborate scenarios and we just go right along with it!



- She only wants to wear her Sketchers Twinkle Toes shoes to school (the light-up shoes from Santa).  Any other shoes require a lot of negotiation and usually I just give in...

- She is so hungry- it seems like she is always getting into the kitchen or pantry or asking me to get her something.  She is also very specific about what she wants- 2 nights ago she insisted that her dinner should be a "great big sandwich" so I made her a ham and cheese on 2 pieces of bread....and she ate almost eery bite!

-  She is IN LOVE with Dora the Explorer. Seriously- every single day she begs to watch episode after episode.  I wouldn't normally mind her loving a new show (you won't hear me complaining that Barney is GONE from our lives now!) but she internalizes so much of what she sees on Dora and it's making me nuts!  Here's what I'm talking about: It's 7:45pm and she should have been asleep half an hour ago.  However, she's unable to sleep because there's a crocodile in her room.  Or Baby Jaguar needs help.  Or there's a Grumpy Old Troll out in the hallway.  Or lions in the kitchen.  This happens all the time right now!  So for as much as I love the absence of Barney....not sure how much I love the presence of Dora!

- She is learning to drive her Barbie Jeep and bicycle but the weather hasn't been very cooperative...she's only getting a chance maybe once every 2-3 weeks because it is SO cold here right now.  I thought about taking her out today (it was a balmy 42 degrees) but the wind was blowing so hard that it felt much colder. I wish it were spring!



Hat over her eyes and no hands....look out!

- I think she's going through a growth spurt... her pants are starting to get a little high!  She is wearing 3T shirts and pants right now but starting to look like the floods are coming, haha.  Hopefully the weather will change and she will be able to wear warm weather clothes soon!

- She has started asking a lot of questions about "when Audrey gets big". It's so precious!  She wants to know if, when Audrey gets big, will she swim with her? Will she eat pizza? Will she sleep in Emmy's room? Will she play outside?  Will she be Emmy's friend? It totally melts my heart!  When you combine her questions with Audrey's adoration (seriously...that little girl freezes when Emily comes around!) I am just so excited to see what the future will hold for my sweet babies. 



- She is very into dressing herself and picking out her accessories right now- it seems like every day she needs a belt, hat, tiara, scarf, jewelry, hair clips, sparkly shoes, etc....  and HEAVEN HELP YOU if you try to talk her out of it!

Wearing her pink belt!



So there you have this month's update. Enjoy the new pictures (I posted some tonight!) and please check back! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment