Saturday, September 11, 2010

Happy Birthday, Mommy!

Today was my birthday and what a great day we had!  It was so nice to be at home with my sweet family- all 4 of us together!



Emily and I made my birthday cake this morning- a white cake that she then insisted we color purple AND put sprinkles in the batter!  I wish I had gotten a picture of the sprinkles- on the cake she made they were all in a huge clump in the middle of the batter...so funny!

The rest of the day was just a nice lazy Saturday.  Paul took Emmy out to the mall and they had a little date while I showered and got ready.  It was so nice to get ready in a nice quiet house!  When they got back Emily took a great nap and then we ate a yummy dinner prepared by my mother in law.

After dinner came the cake!  Emily helped me to blow out my candles and then we ate the cake and opened presents.  I got some very nice things...thanks to everyone who remembered my special day!



After Emily went to bed we all watched Date Night...I had heard only so-so reviews of it but I thought it was really funny!  Then we headed to bed, where Audrey slept the better part of the night.  It was a great birthday all around, especially because we were able to spend it at home and not at the NICU...I was so, so thankful for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment