Sunday, July 18, 2010

"You Haffa CHOOSE, Mommy!"

This morning Paul had to round at the hospital so I had sweet Emmy girl all to myself for the morning.  After playing with EVERY single toy she owns, I think, she found a set of mini-hair claws that I recently bought.  It's a 16-pack: 8 tiny black claws and 8 tiny brown/tortoiseshell claws.  Here's what our conversation sounded like:

Emmy:  "Which one you want, Mommy? You Haffa CHOOSE!"
Me: "Oh...I think I'd like a black one."
E: "NO- we don't have black. Which one you want, Mommy? You Haffa CHOOSE!"
M: "Oh ok...then I guess I'll have brown."
E: "NO- we don't have brown.  Which one you want, Mommy? You Haffa CHOOSE!"
M: "Well, I guess I'll have black."
E: "NO- we don't have black.  We just have brown and brown and brown and brown and brown and brown and brown and brown. "
M: "Then I guess I'll have to have brown."
E: "NO- we don't have brown.  We just have black and black and black and black and black and black and black and black. Which one you want, Mommy? You Haffa CHOOSE!"
M: "I don't know.  Which one do you want me to have?"
E: "You can have black."
M: "OK- black then."
E: "WE DON'T HAVE BLACK!"

FINALLY I got her away from the hair clips, only to have her come back to me with them a little later.  You'll never guess what she said..."Which one you want, Mommy? You Haffa CHOOSE!"
Oh. My. Goodness. This girl is a riot!




In other news, yesterday we (Emily and I) attended the Resident Spouse's Association Annual Brunch. It was held at our local Children's Museum so I took Em with me.  She had so much fun!  We got all dressed up and took these cute photos before we left:
Doesn't that last one just melt your heart?  I love it when she kisses "Baby Audrey".  We are all getting so excited for our new sweet princess to join us! 

No comments:

Post a Comment