We had an ultrasound today to check my cervix for changes and I met with my doctor afterward. My cervix was measuring 2.6cm, which is a large improvement over my 30 week cervix with Emily, which was 1.5cm. I was pretty much so thrilled! The technician was SUPER nice and let us sneak a peek at Audrey girl (who is still a girl, by the way!) even though we were really not supposed to be looking at her at all.
So after the ultrasound poor Paul had to go back to the hospital- they have been SLAMMED lately and he was getting page after page. I waited to see Dr. R. When she came in she was not super happy about the cervical length like I had hoped she would be- she said the normal range for 30 weeks is 2.5-3.5cm, so me being at 2.6cm wasn't exactly what she wanted. She is not making a huge deal about this though. She is having me come back next Thursday for a fetal fibronectin test which will give her a clearer idea of whether my body is actually preparing for labor, or if I just happen to be someone whose cervix thins out a little earlier than expected, but is not ready for labor. I am confident that things are OK- I am not contracting this time nearly as much as I did with Emily, and while Audrey is head-down now (we saw on the ultrasound), she is not engaged in my pelvis like Emmy was. So I'm hoping for good...no...great news on Thursday.
In other news, on Saturday we took Emily to Charlotte to do a little shopping. We stopped at the Carter's Outlet and bought her a few things for fall and one precious outfit for Audrey. We also found an adorable pink giraffe "silk" that Emily instantly proclaimed belonged to her. However, Saturday night she said I could put it in the room with Baby Audrey's things because it was for her little sister. I just about melted right there.
Except then Sunday morning rolled around...and Emily saw the silk in the basket with Audrey's stuff. Up pointed that little finger of hers and she said, "MOMMY- what is my silk doing up there?! That's Emily's giraffe silk!" I reminded her that she had said it was for Audrey and she looked at me with stony eyes and said, "That silk is mine" and held out her hand. Looks like Baby Audrey lost out on the giraffe silk after all!! :)
Definition malfunction
11 years ago





No comments:
Post a Comment