Monday, July 26, 2010

So Long, Booker Boy



Yesterday we drove to Virginia to take my sweet Booker man to his new home with Paul's cousin Lorrie's family.  It was such a hard day!  I know that he will live a much happier life with Lorrie's 2 boys, especially because Emily didn't even really play with him- she mostly stayed angry at him because he would knock over her toys when she was playing.  We don't have enough time to devote to him and luckily they do....Booker is going to love having Jack (who is 4 in September) to play with every day!

But...it was ROUGH- Paul and I both cried like babies, and then on the way from there he looked at me in the car and said, "I loved him." and I busted out crying some more. But I got a great email from Lorrie this morning saying that they had made a video of Jack getting B yesterday and that Jack had already planned to spend the entire day today in the yard playing ball with Booker.  Booker may have finally met his match!  Also, Jack wouldn't stop petting and loving on Booker and woke up this morning and yelled, "I LOVE MY DOG!!!!!!!!!!!"  So in the end, I still agree it was the right thing to do. However, like I said yesterday in the car....sometimes doing the right thing means doing the hardest thing.  But I am so happy my dog has a happy home, even if that home isn't with me. It's going to take some adjusting for sure.

1 comment:

  1. Awww... this makes ME cry! Glad you found a good home for him :)

    ReplyDelete