Today Miss Emily absolutely melted my heart. She was in the dining room, and I was in the kitchen (there’s a wall in between, so I couldn’t see her). I heard her keep saying, “Hi Daddy, I love you!” and I thought she must be at the bottom of the stairs saying it toward the upstairs, thinking he was home. Wrong! I walked quietly in there to see what she was doing and found her holding a picture of Paul and me together at the Hoover Dam. She was looking at the picture and saying, “I love you Daddy” over and over....and then while I watched, she kissed MY side of the picture and said, “Mommy!” It was so, so, so sweet. I picked her up, all teary eyed like I get, and just hugged her for as long as she’d let me. I couldn’t believe she was being so loving toward our picture! My next mission- to buy her a durable plastic frame (no glass!) and put our picture in it. Apparently, she likes the looks of us! :)
Definition malfunction
11 years ago





No comments:
Post a Comment