So today is the last day of summer for me before I return to work and Emily returns to Jamey’s. I am a little sad but I am so thankful for having had the last 58 days off with her (but who counted, right?) We had a WONDERFUL summer, and I know my sweet girl enjoyed it. Here are some highlights:
-Swimming at the gym pool with Mommy and Daddy.
-Staying a couple different weekends at Granny and Grandaddy’s house- always a treat! (Plus they have a piano that Emily LOVES to bang on...uh, I mean, play beautiful songs).
-Play dates with our friends.
-Playing in the sandbox, blowing bubbles in the kitchen, playing with water on her highchair tray (this was super messy!)
-The whole week of “cation” as Emily called it, when we were on vacation at Myrtle Beach. She loved every minute- time with Paul’s family, the ocean, the sand, the ducks in the stream,...
-Learning to eat whole apples (I have to post this video- it is hysterical!)
-Learning to sing songs- she is up to 22 songs now!
-Joining a gymnastics class and learning to do a forward roll after just one visit!
-Eating snacks in the living room (this is a treat!)
-Early morning snuggle time in the bed with Mommy and Daddy. We thought she would never hold still long enough to do this but she is learning!
-Trying Popsicles for the first time.
All in all, it has been a wonderful summer and while I’m sorry to see it end, I am glad to have had the time I did. I am also eager to get back to my job....well, at least until it starts. If you ask me tomorrow evening I’ll probably tearfully explain that I wish summer hadn’t ended, haha!





No comments:
Post a Comment