Friday, August 21, 2009

22 Months Old!



Hello again! It’s time for the monthly update- can you believe Emily is 22 months old now? I sure can’t! Here are some highlights and funny stories about our little princess.

-We have been playing a fun game where Emily asks something that sounds like a question and I respond with, “WHAT?!” in a very loud voice. (It’s funnier in person, I swear!) Well, yesterday morning we were playing before I had to leave for work and I said, “Emmy, can you give your Mommy a big kiss?” and she looked up from her toy and said, “WHAT?!” the same way I say it! It was SO funny, especially because she thought of it all on her own- we had not played the game in a day or two. She is hilarious! What made it even better is that while I was laughing she looked at me and said, “I a funny girl!”....yes, yes she is!

-She is getting to be quite the daredevil- jumping on the couch, beds, etc...basically anything. She also wrestles like crazy with Paul and likes to play very roughly....where is my sweet girl going?

-She and Jamey’s son DD have been playing “pretend” -type games a lot lately-- like going to the store together, etc. What is super funny to me is that Emily wants DD to hold her hand...and when he lets go, my little manhunter grabs it back! They are too funny together.

-She is loving animal sounds and body parts a lot lately. She always wants to do her animal puzzles and will tell you a lot of the names if you ask...same thing with body parts. Last night she woke up and I was wearing my glasses- she reached up, touched them, and said, “Glasses!”....such a smart girl.

-She is a dancing queen- loves all music! Lately I am noticing that she will dance different ways to different songs...makes me really excited that she hears these differences and already knows how to adjust her moves to match the rhythm.

-We are doing much more complicated hairstyles right now- French braids, regular braids, multiple ponytails, etc. It will probably all stop on Tuesday when the kids come back to school and I have to be there so early, but for right now we are really enjoying it!

-She is blurting out sentences left and right....her vocabulary and word acquisition skills AMAZE me! I read that toddlers can add a new word to their vocabulary every 90 minutes and I believe every bit of that, especially in a child like Emily who is constantly being stimulated by her parents or babysitter. Our girl is one smart cookie!

That’s about it for now- she is probably 25-26lbs and is about 34 inches tall...next time for the “official” visit is on or near her 2nd birthday pending no issues between now and then. Thanks for checking on our sweet baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment