Sunday, October 5, 2008

A Brand New View

After much deliberation Paul and I decided to turn Emily’s car seat to the forward-facing position. Why? Poor Emily has been sitting in almost the fetal position with her legs all scrunched up, which of course makes her much less than tolerable to have in the car. She has been crying every day on our 5 minute ride to the babysitter’s, on the way home, and any other time we put her in the car. We can’t take it anymore! :) Yesterday we turned her seats around (and installed her new car seat into Paul’s car) and took her for a drive. She was actually pretty UN-excited, which kind of shocked us, given how happy she is about things usually.


Today of course we’ll be back in the car so we’ll see if she is happier. I certainly feel better knowing her legs aren’t crowded and that she can actually feel the air conditioning or heater when it’s on the car- poor thing is always burning up or freezing cold because it takes a long time for the temperature to even out.


It’s hard to believe that we even had the option to turn her, because that’s just one more reminder that she is ALMOST ONE!! I have been very emotional lately thinking about her growing up...it seems like only yesterday that she was still tucked in my tummy. It’s just a big reminder of how quickly a year goes by, I guess!


One other exciting thing- I checked out a different party store in town and found all the decorations I had wanted for Em’s party but wasn’t willing to buy and have shipped here (too expensive!) for HALF PRICE! This store sells every part of the set I wanted for 50% of what it was going to cost me, plus there’s no shipping since it’s just here in town and I can pick it up myself. Woo hoo!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment