Sunday, October 19, 2008

Closet Clean- Out!

This morning I spent some time going through Emily’s closet- with her birthday approaching I knew her wardrobe was in need of a major overhaul. I pulled out ALL the clothes labeled 6-9 months and only left in a few warmer-weather clothes (with this crazy NC weather it is 60 today but could be 90 tomorrow!) Emily, of course, did her very best to “help” me, a term I’m using quite loosely. At first she simply was content to watch me pull the clothes off the hanger. Then she proceeded to “help” me by pulling down all the hangers I had just emptied- see them scattered everywhere?



After that little bit of fun it was time for me to put them into a big Rubbermaid tote-- this makes the third one (in the biggest size available!) that we have filled. Here’s a snapshot of what went in the tote today-



Essentially everything you see here (about 90 items or so!) went into the tote. Well, sort of. You see, Emily wasn’t done “helping” yet so I had to deal with her taking this pile, tossing it all over the room, and then when I was trying to quickly fold the clothes and put them in, she decided that she absolutely NEEDED to take them back OUT! I wish we had had the video camera set up- it was hilarious!.

Finally, though, she gave up and went off to play with her toys so I was able to get all the items into the tote:



Complete with hangers for the next time I open it. With all the clothes this kid has, we had better have a girl next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment