Mommy is feeling a little emotional today- we spent the morning packing up some of Emily’s “baby” toys that she doesn’t play with much anymore (well, she hadn’t been until she saw us packing them up....then suddenly they were very popular again!) We are keeping all of her toys and clothes to use with siblings (IN THE FUTURE...not now!) so I’m not as sad as I might have been had we sold it all. We packed up her puppy play mat (see months 2-5 albums for pics of this toy), her papasan chair (newborn albums- it was a very comfy place for her to rest!), and her most beloved toy, the Jumperoo (look at any album from about Month 5 forward). I can’t believe we packed up the jumper-- that thing went back and forth with us whenever we visited anyone and I had to cart it to NC each and every trip we made. Without the jumper I would probably still be packing the WV house- Emmy spent A LOT of time in it because it made her so happy and I could pack boxes in peace (well, it was sort of peaceful. The springs clanging on the jumper were constant background noise, haha!) She simply hasn’t been playing with these toys much anymore and they were just added “things” in her room. Now they are being stored in the eaves next to her room. Ahh....growing up so fast.
Since I last blogged Em has developed the ability to pull up onto anything and everything and last night at dinner, she played peek-a-boo with us, and SHE controlled the napkin! Usually I will put something over her head and she will pull it off, but last night she was pulling it off AND holding it up in front of her face. She even waited for me to say, “Where’d you go?” before dropping it and dissolving into giggles. So stinking cute! She’s also experimenting with new words and sounds. Yesterday she crawled down the hallway to Paul’s office, peeked around the corner, and yelled, “Dad! Dad!!” It was adorable.





No comments:
Post a Comment