Thursday, August 21, 2008

10 Months Old!



I know I sound like a broken record but WHERE DOES THE TIME GO? I can’t believe that Emily has been here for 10 months already. I also reeeeeally can’t believe that in a mere 2 months we’ll be celebrating her birthday! (And celebrate we will-- I am already planning her first birthday bash! Look for invites soon!)


As for milestones...let’s see. Emily is pulling up on everything, shakes her head no for “no” and bobs it up and down (but I don’t think she understands that the motion she’s making means “yes”. We know for sure that she gets “no” though....funny how she already knows no! She said “D” at the babysitter’s the other day (Jamey’s son Derrick goes by “DD” so she was probably saying his name!) Also, little missy has decided that baby food is for well, babies....and she won’t eat it AT ALL anymore! The past few times I’ve tried to give it to her she has gotten so angry that she won’t eat anything else or take her bottle. Nice, huh? She totally gets that temper stuff from her daddy and not me...right? ;-)

Also, Miss Jamey is “walking” Emily around during the day- the other kids there can walk and it frustrates Emmy so much so Jamey lets her try to walk. She is so good to Emily...I couldn’t be hunched over like that all day helping her! Emily also crawls like lightning now.



Tonight in her room she was playing and I was putting away laundry in her closet-- I heard a scraping sound against the wall and poked my head out to see her with the night light in her hand, trying to put it in the outlet! EEEEK!! (For some background, I leave the nightlight on until I feed her in the middle of the night, then I unplug it so the room is as dark as possible. I usually plug it back in when we play after dinner in her room, but tonight I forgot.) After a very stern “No” from me (to which she responded by shaking HER head no at me!!) she put it down and speed-crawled away. I would have never guessed that she knew what to do with the light!

Granny bought her a tiara months ago and we tried it on tonight...the pics are priceless! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment