Monday, July 21, 2008

9 Months Old!



Emily is nine months old! Incredible! I am always amazed at how quickly the months go by...
New developments:
- Emily cut her first tooth (finally!) It's the bottom right one if you're looking at her. It's not sticking all the way up yet, but it is through the surface. I am so excited!
- As stated in the previous blog, she mastered the pincer grasp and is now feeding herself. Sweet, sweet relief. Now I don't have to hand her the little puffs and Cheerios!
- She can replace her own pacifier, and is really only using it to go to sleep. I think weaning her from it will be a cinch (haha, I know-- famous last words!)
- She waved "bye bye" to a lady in Bath and Body Works the other day, but so far has refused to wave to anyone else, including herself in the mirror.
- She loves standing up and is now trying to stand up and hold on with only one hand. Uh oh. Cruising is probably not far off.
- We had her feet measured at the Striderite store in the mall (I was planning to hit up a huge baby consignment store and was going to specifically look for these shoes, but I ended up skipping the sale). The lady said Emmy is a size 3....uh, what happened to size 2?? She's been a 1 forever so maybe she finally hit a growth spurt-- this is great because she has SO many pairs of shoes and never wears any because they were all falling off. Her current favorite (and mine too!) is a pink pair of Robeez from Dr. Jones back home in WV. Dr. Jones, you were exactly right-- they DO NOT fall off!
- Emily has suddenly become very DISinterested in baby food! I have even tried to trick her into eating it by putting it on my plate first, but she is too smart! If it is the same texture as her baby food, she doesn't want it. Last night she ate probably 20 good bites of chicken breast, but she hates the baby food chicken. Do we just let her move to table food? Why does she want to grow up so quickly?
- She has a "boyfriend". Her babysitter Jamey's little boy, Derrick, and Emily like to cuddle a lot and have been seen sneaking little kisses. Paul is not thrilled about this, haha!
- She has gotten herself from lying down to a sitting position a few times, but not on a regular basis.
- Crawling....ok, she's still not QUITE there. But she's getting closer every day. However, her legs are getting so strong that we wonder if she might just skip the crawling and go straight for walking. Time will tell...

SO...that's our update. Hope you're having a great summer, and thanks for checking on our girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment