Thursday, July 24, 2008

9 Month Peds Appointment



Emily had her 9 month appointment today. I felt like a traitor not taking her to Dr. Jay but I think 4 hours is a little too far to commute for pedi visits. :)
Stats-
Weight- 18lbs8oz (50th%)
Head- 17.5 (60th%)
Length- 27in (40th%)

She's still a shrimp! The pediatrician remarked several times how "spunky" and "assertive" she was and how she has a very "big personality" . Tell me something I don't know! :) I told her about Emily's recent hunger strike against baby food-- she said not to push the baby food-- to feed her very healthy table food and periodically try baby foods-- she may come back around. Also, she recommended Stonyfield Farms Organic Vanilla yogurt-- I told her the Yo Baby multipacks weren't working for her because we can't use the banana flavored because of Em's reflux. (We eliminated banana items from Emily's diet and now she is completely OFF the Zantac!) She said there is some sugar in the Stonyfield Farms but she thinks it's best-- plus, they make a whole milk variety and it was only $3.99 for the big big tub...so a lot better price-wise than the little Yo Babies. She said Emily looks great and is in perfect condition. She said we should just be patient with the teething (I'd be willing to bet this woman has no children, lol!) and let her do as she wishes for a little while. All in all, I really like the new doc and I'm glad we found someone who isn't super pushy about anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment