Saturday, May 10, 2008

Sitting Up, Reaching, Mimicking, Growing Up!



Emily and I returned home from a week in North Carolina yesterday and she very proudly showed off for her Daddy- today she sat up, completely unattended, for over 5 minutes before losing her balance. She wants to sit up all the time now and can hold toys, watch TV, look around, and pet the dogs all while maintaining her balance!

For round 2 of tricks, she decided today to start reaching for us! What a Mother's Day present!! She was sitting on the couch and I stood up, turned to her, and said, "Are you ready?" and held out my arms-- she reached hers right out to me! Paul rushed over and she did the same thing for him...she melts our hearts!

For her final trick today, we were in the car coming home from dinner and she was babbling in the backseat. Paul said, "Can you say DaDa?" and instantly we heard, "dadadadadadada" from the back of the car! Then he changed it to "Mama" and she did it again- "mamamamamama". Hooray!

Tomorrow is Mother's Day and I am in awe of how this day feels now that I am a parent. Emily is so, so very special and loved and I am just so thankful that she is in our lives. It's funny- last year I was 14 weeks pregnant on Mother's Day and it felt a little special...but nothing compared to how it feels this year. I am as excited about Mother's Day as I was about Christmas! Raising this little girl has changed my perspective on mothers and I really respect the jobs that mothers do. Happy Mother's day everyone! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment