Emily turned seven months old and celebrated by....getting her first cold! :( She and I had taken another trip to NC (the last one before the move-- hooray!) and she woke up on Tuesday the 20th very congested and didn't seem to be feeling well. Tuesday night was TERRIBLE- she was up all night long and even me sleeping with her didn't help-- the poor thing was miserable! Paul and I think she actually has the "Perfect Storm" of allergies, teething, and maybe a little cold too. Poor baby. Every day she seems to be feeling slightly better so hopefully we'll be through this soon!
We spent Memorial Day weekend in Princeton- Paul's Granny Laura passed away on Thursday morning so we joined the rest of the family. While we were in town for a sad occasion, it was definitely uplifting to see Emily and Jack (Paul's cousin Lorrie's son) interact with each other-- Jack would give Emily hugs and kisses! Emily was very interested in his hair and also made several attempts to take his paci from him!
Emmy is growing up so quickly! She is raking small objects with her hands, rolling all over the place (maybe she'll roll instead of crawling?) and loves to babble and to play in the tub. She is now eating 3 meals a day about 3-4 days per week. She gets oatmeal in the morning, a fruit for lunch, and usually a fruit and veggie for dinner. She is still taking formula, just smaller amounts if she's already eaten a meal shortly before. We've also graduated to a sippy cup for juice...and you can just tell that she thinks she is SOO big when she uses it! Emily tried the Stage 2 Chicken the other night and was NOT pleased at all with it. I even asked Paul to get her some peaches too so we could alternate, but she ended up crying and refusing to eat either food! Of course Booker was right next to us while she was eating it because the chicken smelled exactly like his canned food...wonder why Em didn't like it? GROSS!!
A new favorite activity for Emily is having me put a bunch of toys in a basket and setting the basket next to her-- she will reach in and pull out all the toys. We're still working on cleaning these messes up...she seems to be much better at making messes than repairing the damage!
I got a jogging stroller from Craigslist.com while I was in NC the last time-- the family selling it used it just a few times. It retails for $140 and I paid $35...not bad!! :) I can't wait to use it with her- I bet she loves being in it while we're running!
The last big of big news-- I have a job for next year!! I was offered 1st grade at an elementary school about 7 miles from our new house. While I will be very sad to leave Emily, I really like our new sitter in NC- she is only going to have Emily, her own son, and up to 2 other kids. I think not having Emily in daycare will really help to ease my transition back to work!
Finally-- I am ordering a baby pool and a "pat mat"-- this is a toy that you hook up to a hose and it squirts water up in the air. I can't wait to take pictures of Emily enjoying her summer toys! We're going to the beach in late June, too, so I'll be buying her a float to use in the pool. I can't wait to see her reaction!





No comments:
Post a Comment