Hi everyone!
Emily was baptized on Sunday, April 27 in Parkersburg by the priest who married Paul and me. The ceremony was lovely and we had brunch afterward. Thank you SO much to my parents for the brunch- the food was incredible and it was so nice to enjoy everyone's company. Also, thanks to my mom and Em's Auntie A for her christening dress...I LOVED it! So beautiful! Emily was given many wonderful gifts which we appreciate so much. I can't wait to get a shelf put up in NC so we can display all her pretty new treasures! (This shelf will be high on the wall to prevent unauthorized access to these pretty, shiny things!)
She has been trying new foods- we have added green beans, oatmeal with bananas, peaches, and tonight we're trying prunes. In the Gerber 1st foods line there are 5 fruits (applesauce, bananas, peaches, pears, prunes) and 5 veggies (squash, sweet potatoes, carrots, peas, and green beans). We have tried all 5 veggies and she loves ALL of them, and seems to like the fruits too. I have started giving her one container at lunch 3-4 days per week and one container each night. I'm not sure you can tell from the photos but this girl's getting some cheeks! It seems all these additional calories are making her a plump little lady- her leg rolls are so cute! (She'll kill me one day for this, haha!)
We drove to Jeffersonville, Ohio last week to see my friend Adrianne and her daughter Wynn. The girls are 3 weeks apart (Emily is younger) and it was so neat to watch them interact!
In other exciting news, Emily is now in a "big girl" car seat! I couldn't carry all 15lbs of her and 12lbs of infant carrier so she is now sitting pretty in an Evenflo Triumph DLX. This thing is HUGE- I have a lot of room in the back of my SUV but this is putting serious constraints on my backseat area. Once she is one year old we will turn it around to forward facing. I think that will be a lot easier- right now if she drops her paci or something I have to pull over, stop the car, get out, and help her-- no more just reaching back while I'm driving. Sounds great for these long trips in the next few weeks, right?
Emily and I are going back to NC next week so there may be a slight delay in albums but don't worry...I'm always snapping pictures! :)
Definition malfunction
11 years ago





No comments:
Post a Comment