
Hi everyone!
Things have been VERY busy the last few weeks! Sorry for the lack of posts but I've been keeping the albums flowing and I know that's what you're here for anyway! :)
Emily is growing so much every day. She is showing her personality so much more and it seems like she will be very strong-willed (read: stubborn). She is very vocal now, and will get very fussy if no one is paying attention, or occasionally if Mommy goes out of sight (thank God we don't have too many of those days!) She can blow raspberries and has started babbling. Perhaps my biggest thrill came two nights ago- Paul and I were playing on the floor with her and Paul kept saying, "Mama, Mama, Mama" to her. Em looked at us and said right back, "MMMMMMMMMMMMMama!" Of course Paul and I both started laughing, screaming, crying (ok, I was the only one crying) and then she said it again! Now I know, I know...it didn't have anything to do with me and she wasn't calling me by my name, but STILL! It was the most precious thing ever.
She is getting mobile and has also discovered her feet! I help her "practice" crawling each day by putting toys out of reach and putting her on her belly. It takes some time but she gets herself to the other side of the blanket and gets to the toys! She is also SO close to sitting independently. Cross your fingers that she is doing it before her 6 month pictures (hey, a Mommy's got to set goals, right?!) :) She is also rolling both directions but has yet to roll front to back to front or vice versa...in time, I'm sure!
We have introduced foods as well. So far the winners are (in order of preference):
sweet potatoes
squash
carrots
rice cereal
The rice cereal should probably not even be on the list because she hates it so much. She will take a little and eventually ends up blowing a raspberry with it on her tongue, which sends it flying. Nice! We have been doing one new food per week and she has yet to experience any sort of reaction or sensitivity (knock on wood). She is very funny about the food and gets quite angry if we take too long in loading the spoon. She wants it all, and she wants it yesterday! My plan is to finish sweet potatoes this week and move to peas, green beans, and mixtures of veggies (like peas and carrots, sweet potatoes and green beans, squash and peas....yuck!) before we go to sweet things like fruits. I have a very hard time fighting my sweet tooth and I want her to experience all different types of tastes before we get to the sweets, just in case she inherited that!
Thanks for checking in on our girl. We will be busy with the move for the next 2 weeks or so but I will keep the albums updated...rest assured! :)





No comments:
Post a Comment