Saturday, November 10, 2012

Vacation 2012

We are home from our vacation and I am finally ready to update!  We left on November 2 and flew to Fort Lauderdale, Florida and drove to Lake Worth that night.  The next day we spent in West Palm Beach with my grandparents, who turn 90 and 98 this month.  It was amazing to see them and to see how well they still get around.  I was so glad they got to see/meet the girls (this was Emily's 2nd time seeing them, Audrey's first).

Sunday morning we arrived in Port Canaveral and Paul and his dad enjoyed a day at Kennedy Space Center.  Judging by the photos, I'd say they saw some amazing things, including the space shuttle Atlantis, which just arrived there recently.  The girls and Granny and I just hung around the hotel and played in the pool- heaven!!!

We left around lunchtime on Monday to board the "cruise boat" (as Emily called it) for our 5 night cruise.  This was our first time and though there are some elements I would definitely change (cabin much higher on the ship than our was, pick a ship with onboard activities for both children, choose a slightly larger room, choose a newer and bigger boat), we had a fantastic time.  The girls loved the experience and had a wonderful time at Cococay and Nassau.  My little world travelers, haha!  I ended up not taking a single photo after we left my grandparents' house-- the girls were just so busy I never had a moment when I felt safe enough to take my eyes off of them.  Luckily my father in law had his camera so we do have some photos of our trip.  We really loved the idea of cruising and enjoyed seeing new places....I can't wait to go again!













No comments:

Post a Comment