Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Potty Time, Excellent!

In true Ferguson fashion, it appears that Audrey is following Emily's footsteps and choosing, HERSELF, when potty training shall begin.  Just like Emily did, Audrey just completely refused to put on a diaper last Saturday.  We weren't going anywhere, just hanging around the house, so I slipped some panties onto her and let her be.  Imagine my surprise when she ran out of the bathroom and yelled, "I PEED A POTTY!" Sure enough, she had!!! I was so proud and made a big deal about it with Paul and Emmy joining in.  Audrey got to pick a "canny" (candy) and was thrilled with herself.  She has even kept it up- on Sunday we went to see my parents and she pottied all day there (she wore a diaper to and from their house, though).  Monday she had one little accident at school and today, Tuesday, she peed all day AND pooped on the potty!  I am insanely proud of her and this newfound habit.....maybe my Christmas gift from her can be no more diapers to change??? Whatever the outcome, she's had an amazing several days.  I am way proud!

No comments:

Post a Comment