Friday, September 21, 2012

Emily is 4 Years 11 Months Old!

Our sweet Emily is growing like crazy.  Here's the monthly update!

- She has successfully made the transition to the oldest kids' class at her school.  It is so precious to see the hard work she does every day- they practice letters and numbers (handwriting skills) and she will come home and tell me all about how carefully she made her letters, etc.  She is also very proud of herself for always getting to go to the treasure box for good behavior...she's not had a day yet where she didn't get to go!



- She is drawing some amazing pictures these days!

(This one was "a girl and her mommy and it's her birthday and that's her cake and it looks like a wedding cake and they have a rainbow tablecloth.")

- She plays cooperatively with Audrey A LOT now.  Makes me think back to when we were first pregnant with Audrey and I felt like I was ruining Emmy's life...now I can see that Audrey was probably the best thing we ever did for Emily- a constant playmate and one day, probably a best friend.  My sweet girls.







- She is very deliberate in her requests lately.  Like, she'll ask me in the morning before school, "Can you pick me up early today? If you can't, I would like Grandaddy to come and pick me up when we get up from nap, at 2 o'clock.  Then he can take me to Dairy Queen before we go home!"  It is so funny because we never know what she will come up with for these little "missions".

- She started dance class at a new dance school and is doing well with it.  She is not currently a huge fan of the class- it is ballet only, no jazz or tap, and I think it is really hard for her to focus for an hour and we all know how much she likes being told what to do... ;)  She is very excited for her part in the Nutcracker, though, so that much is good.  I felt strongly that this year she could move up a class and do an actual ballet class- less jumping around and singing and being silly and more following instructions and listening (no wonder she doesn't like it much!!)  She feels proud when she comes out though...so we will keep trucking along. :)





- She had her first real illness since starting preschool here-- she had a bad cold for a few days that really knocked her out.  I have never found her asleep on the couch before this!



- She learned to pump her legs months ago and now I have to watch when they swing together or else the entire swing set sways with them!




- She loves Marshall.  What can I say?  GO HERD!!



Thanks for checking in on our sweet ladies!! Be sure you click the link on the right to see more photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment