Thursday, July 21, 2011

Emily is 3 Years and 9 Months Old!

I can't believe how fast the days are flying by- my big girl is growing up!  She is doing so much every day and is always making us laugh.  Here's the Monthly Update:

- she is still in love with her school but (finally) misbehaved yesterday.  When I got there to pick her up her teacher told me what happened and OMG.  You would not believe how upset she got.  I told Miss Teresa that I have gotten not-so-good reports from her teachers before and Emily hadn't seemed to care one way or the other, so I think she must REALLY, REALLY value Miss Teresa's opinion because she was falling apart yesterday knowing that Miss Teresa wasn't happy.  Of course I busted out my Mom Look and she cried so hard and told me, "Don't make that face at me!" She wanted to know if I was disappointed in her and I said I was disappointed in her actions and I hoped she wouldn't do it again.  Poor girl just cried and cried.  I honestly think she's learned her lesson, lol! 

- she continues to boss us every minute show Leadership Potential.  This month it's still a lot of putting us down for "nap" all over the house (oh, and also anyone who comes to our house, too) but now we have added in the fact that ONLY she should be talking, EVERYONE else needs to be quiet.  This is especially important in the car and even moreso if Paul and I are actually trying to have a conversation.  She will be back there going, "Emily is being quiet [HA! what a joke], she gets a sticker...Audrey is being quiet, she gets a sticker...Daddy is not being quiet...Mommy is not being quiet... 'Daddy and Mommy, you are not being quiet so you do not get a sticker! Now everybody BE QUIET".  She'll keep saying it over and over even when she is truly the only one talking (because Paul and I have given up decided to play along).  Honestly it is cute the first couple of minutes and then it gets really, really old.  Can't wait for Audrey to start talking too and then Emily will be the only one "earning" her sticker. Ha!

- She has decided that feeding Audrey is pretty fun and actually does a really good job of giving her little bites and being gentle. 

- She is continuing to add more words to the list she can read.  She now knows how to identify/read I, at, the, go, Mommy, Daddy, Emily, Audrey, Abbie, Katie, and sometimes me.  I am so proud!

- She has decided that she really, really wants to have Audrey go to her school with her.  I think there are a lot of siblings in her class and she sees them all going in and out with younger and older kids and is a little jealous.  Too bad Audrey's name is not even being considered for the baby or 1 year old rooms...the earliest I wanted her to go was when she was 2.  Poor Em has some time to wait until her sister can go too!!! She actually told Teresa that Audrey was starting there this Monday...where does she come up with this stuff??

- She is making lots of friends at school and we are making friends with a lot of families in our area.  It is so nice to find whole families to hang out with!  Emily has really enjoyed having people over to the house and playing with new kids, and Paul and I are enjoying making new friends.

- She has become all but obsessed with my in-laws moving here.  They close on their house here in a few weeks and then will need another few weeks to get it ready before they even start the moving process. I just don't have the heart to tell my girl that it will be another couple of months before she can go to their house after school, go get ice cream in the afternoons, spend the night, etc.  She is SO excited for them to move here and I know she will be ecstatic having them so close.  I think the whole family will enjoy it!

- She is trying so hard to understand the concept of time better.  This morning we had this conversation:
Emily: "Mommy, I want ALL of these Barbies." (She was looking on the back of the box of the Barbie Paul bought her last weekend."
Me: "Ok, well, you can ask for them for your birthday."
Emily: "In 3 months?"
Me: "Yes, in 3 months. You know, when Mommy was a little girl, I LOVED playing with Barbies just like you do."
Emily: "And I played with you?"
Me: "No, I didn't know you then...you weren't born yet."
Emily: "I wasn't Borned Out?"
Me: "No, you weren't Borned Out yet."
Emily: "When was I Borned Out?"
Me: "You were born on October 21, 2007."

*short pause*

Emily: "HEY!! I KNOW THAT DAY!  OCTOVER 21ST IS MY BIRTHDAY!  THAT'S MY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!"
 Seriously-----she is a laugh a minute right now!

I'll leave you with a few of my favorite photos from the month-- there's plenty more in the albums in the Picasa link on the right.  Thanks for checking on my sweet girl!







No comments:

Post a Comment