Saturday, July 2, 2011

Audrey is 10 Months Old!

I woke up this morning and asked Paul if he could believe our sweet baby was 10 months old today!!  She is growing bigger and better all the time...We just love her and her sweet disposition so much!  Here's what Audrey is doing right now:

- She learned to wave "bye bye" this month and now waves to everyone, everywhere, all the time.  It's so cute!  She totally knows she's cute when she's doing it too- love it!

- She is constantly helping me getting better at photography by sitting very still (sort of) and smiling a lot for me.  She doesn't even complain very much...yet!

- She is ALMOST crawling.  I am super excited and super nervous all at once.  I know when she's mobile she will point out all my shortcomings with babyproofing this house...probably very quickly!  Right now she will cautiously get herself into crawling position but then she bellies out and does a swimming motion- it is really funny to watch.  She will get it soon, I'm sure.

- She is eating mostly table foods now-- I did get an AWESOME deal on HappyBaby pouches which I love because they give her some unexpected veggies (she loves the banana, beet and blueberry pouch and the apple and yellow squash one) so we're going to finish those up, but she's mostly getting our food, just broken up.  Now that we have health insurance locally (it was still based in NC with Paul's old position so we'd be out of network here) I'm willing to try more foods for her.  I wanted to make sure we had good insurance that was based here just in case she had a reaction, but so far, so good!  She loved turkey the other night and ground beef too, and also loves any sort of fresh vegetable.  She is
a great eater....if anything, she's too good of an eater- she is insatiable and wants all of it yesterday...definitely has her daddy's level of patience. ;)

- She has learned how to go from lying down to sitting up, but not sitting up to lying down.  This is causing a little bit of a problem for us at nap and bedtime now because she will just sit in there instead of sleep!  I've tried going in and lying her down but she just pushes herself back into sitting.  Silly girl!

- She babbles constantly and a few times I swear it has sounded like she said a word (like "hi" to Emily's teacher the other day). 

- She loves to practice standing up- she is constantly grabbing my hands, pulling herself to standing, then sitting herself back down, then back up, down, etc.  It gets tiring after a while but I know she's getting stronger.


- She absolutely ADORES Emily.  We're talking, stop-everything-hold-the-presses-my-sister-just-walked-in-the-room-will-she-play-with-me-will-she-will-she-will-she??!!!  Anytime Emily is around she is just spellbound.  Emily is getting better about wanting to spend time with her, too, so this is great!  I love watching them interact. 

- She is still so cuddly and I'm so thankful for that.  By this point a lot of babies are so bent on being independent that they won't let the mommy hold them, etc....Audrey wants none of that!  She loves for me to hold her, rock her, stroke her hair. I love it!  Yes, some days it's super annoying because she doesn't want me out of her sight, but I am trying to remember that this phase won't last forever and I should soak it up while I have her snuggliness to enjoy. 

That's all I can think of for now.  Check out the new pictures in the Picasa albums and thanks for checking on my sweet girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment