We had a wonderful vacation- the girls loved spending the time with the grandparents and getting to see Uncle Bill. Emily LOVED the beach this year- it's funny that we could have totally been that family that goes down first thing in the morning and comes back at dinner time...Emily would have gladly stayed all day! (We didn't, of course, turn into that family because we had Audrey, who needs her mommy and daddy and we didn't want to leave her with the grandparents all day, you know?) Audrey took only one trip to the beach, where she promptly shoved handfuls of sand into her mouth! What a mess! We quickly decided she needed to go back up and sit on the blanket...something just didn't seem right about a baby with oropharyngeal dysphasia shoveling sand into her mouth, lol!
Emily loved all the beach and pool time. She wore her puddle jumper float from last year, and did wonderfully with it. She is really getting strong! She kicked all the way across the pool over and over again. You'd think she'd have worn herself out by night time each night...but no. She was wide awake until 9 or so each night (sometimes till 11!!) I guess it was the excitement of sharing a room with Grandma!
The girls did SO well on the flight down- Emily was very excited and Audrey stayed quiet, for the most part. Em looked so big sitting in her airplane seat and watching her portable dvd player. On the flight back I think both girls were just so tired and off schedule that it
Here are some pics of our fun time- these are only 1/2 of what I have- my father in law took a bunch and I'm waiting to get them from him! :)
| Plumber's what?! |
| Em's favorite part of the trip? SNACKS. |
SO there you have it! There are plenty more pictures in the Picasa albums, and I'll be adding more once I get the others from my FIL.
I'll leave you with this-- this is the river behind our house and the full moon over it. Paul and I sat outside and celebrated the end of his residency on Monday night, and this was our backdrop. Beautiful!





No comments:
Post a Comment