Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Audrey is 5 Months Old!

Audrey Grace is now 5 months old!! Here's a snippet of what life is like with her RIGHT. NOW.

- She is in size 2 diapers (did I write that last month? She switched over right after her last monthday).

- We've now switched to Enfamil AR (Added Rice) formula to help control spit up.  She is getting mostly this and a little of our frozen stash of breastmilk each day.  We also recently made the jump from 4oz every 3 hours to 5oz every 4 hours...SO NICE not having to do as many bottles!

- She is learning to sleep through the night...she had been making a lot of progress and then she got sick, AGAIN, and we sort of derailed.  Now it seems to be getting better! The other night she slept from 8p-4a, which was awesome! It seems to me that if I can sleep from 12-3 straight through, I am in MUCH better shape for the next day.  The nights that she wakes up during this time I am really dragging the next day.

- She has gotten SO CLOSE to rolling over (back to front) but hasn't done it on her own quite yet.  Tonight, on her Monthday, she was literally millimeters from doing it.  We (Paul, me, my inlaws, and Emily) were all watching with baited breaths tonight, thinking she was going to do it... Emily walked over and leaned down and said, "Here-- let me show you how."  It was so funny!  I am thinking she'll roll over any day now.

- She has been started on Zantac for reflux.  In addition to looking absolutely identical it seems that she and Emily are the same in reflux-land too!

- She has had a couple more colds. Seriously...this whole Sick Baby thing is just killing me!  I hate to see her so sick.  It feels like we are constantly fighting a cold, runny nose, cough, etc. around here.  I am sick of sick kids!!! (Well, not of the kids...of the sickness!)  I keep telling myself that next winter she might not get sick at all since she'll be home with me and not exposed to other kids as much.  I just hate to see her suffering so much. :(

- She has moved up into all 6 month (or 3-6 month) clothes.  She is so long!  I am guessing she's probably 25 inches.  She can still fit in a few 3 month pieces but it has to be 2 piece outfits- she can't straighten her legs in the one piece ones.  I am now faced with the question of what to do with all the outgrown clothes??  I donated all our preemie and newborn clothes to a preemie baby we know but she is growing slowly so the seasons and sizes don't match up.  Not exactly sure what to do with this next round of clothes.

- She is now reaching, grabbing, and pulling toys to her mouth.  SO cute!  We need to unpack all our little teething toys for her so she has more to play with.  It's adorable to see her grabbing at everything!

- Speaking of teething...I think she is getting teeth!  Now I KNOW I said this with Emily and the teeth showed up 30 weeks later (no joke!) but Audrey has 2 hard white spots in her upper gums and she is constantly chewing on everything.  They've not come in a lot more since initially breaking through but I guarantee they are teeth, not Epstein pearls or anything else.  Little overachiever! :)



That's about all I can think of for her right now.  Be sure to check out the pictures!!  :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment