The girls had their pediatrician appointments today for their 2 month and 3 year checkups.
Stats:
Audrey:
Weight 9lbs 9oz (50th%)
Length 21.5in (25th%)
Head Circ: 15.5in (90th%)
Emily:
Weight 32.5lbs (60th%)
Height 36.75in (36th%)
Audrey got 3 injections and an oral vaccination and Emily got her flu shot (she had all her other shots at her 2.5y appointment last March). I had them do Emily's shot first since I knew Audrey would be in hysterics and I didn't want Emily getting freaked out about the shot unnecessarily. Emily didn't even cry! Right as the nurse gave her the shot I told it was going to feel like pinching and by the time she understood what I was saying it was over!
Audrey's shots were a whole. other. story. Oh my goodness! She cried like I have NEVER seen her cry before- it was terrible! She was totally inconsolable for about a minute afterward when she finally calmed down. I laid her back on the exam table and accidentally dropped her outfit on the floor so I stooped down to pick it up. On my way to standing back up I saw Emily reach over and PINCH Audrey on the arm! I was stunned and so, so, so saddened that she hurt Audrey. :( Audrey started crying all over again and it was miserable. I was so disappointed in Emily but felt like I couldn't really do/ say anything because we were right in the middle of the stinking doctor's office! It was all I could do to take them out of there and get home before I started crying. :/
Now Audrey is napping upstairs and I took Emily to school... I know she was late getting there but I was so mad/ hurt about her pinching Audrey that she HAD to go to school. Plus I asked her in the car and she made it very clear that she wanted to be with her friends. Hopefully we won't have many situations like this because it honestly hurt me when she hurt Audrey...like made me feel physically ill. :( Not a fun way to spend our morning, that's for sure! I won't be making another double visit like this again- I think they can go one at a time from now on!
Definition malfunction
11 years ago





No comments:
Post a Comment