We have made it Viability Week with Audrey Grace! Basically this means that, even if she were born now (heaven forbid), she would, with expert care from a great NICU, still have a good chance at surviving. Of course, no part of us wants to meet her yet, but it is so reassuring to know that our sweet girl would eventually be OK if something like that were to happen.
My belly is kind of at a stand still right now- it hasn't really grown in a few weeks, by my estimation (I mean, I'm not using a tape measure or anything, lol!) My uterus is definitely moving up- it is past my belly button now- but I don't appear to be getting any bigger. In fact, this morning Emily and I hit up Motherhood Maternity to buy a couple new shirts for me. I have plenty o' maternity clothes from my pregnancy with Emily but I am finding that the flowy-type ones just look ricidulous right now. I have one shirt that seriously has a foot of extra fabric! So I needed some more form-fitting ones (well, as form-fitting as it gets when your body changes every day!) I found 2 cute tops that are nice and versatile.
My next appointment is on Wednesday at 8am (side note...this is also my first full day of summer vacation. So how awesome is it that I have an appointment at 8am?! Hahaha!) According to my scale I have gained 6lbs total this pregnancy and Audrey currently counts for about 1.25lbs of that. I am going to discuss with the doctor the migraines I've been having (3 in the last month, one of which was bad enough to make me take a sick day in the middle of the day....that has NEVER happened before!) and also about my sudden new symptom-- incurable dry lips. I thought I had it under control with Vaseline but this week they are cracked again. I am so confused- I've used Chapstick for YEARS and never had a problem, but now it seems like whenever I use that it almost like, burns my lips. I don't get it, unless they've changed the formula? So those are my concerns. :) Hard to believe that in 3.5 short months we'll be meeting this little girl!
Definition malfunction
11 years ago





wow, 24 weeks already?! Sorry to hear about the migraines. I got them at least once a week until I was about 16 weeks then they were about 1-2 a month. My OB gave me meds that helped a lot more than tylenol. Hopefully your doc can offer the same. :)
ReplyDelete