Audrey had her 18m checkup yesterday and it went well! Her stats were:
Height: 32inches (53rd%)
Weigth: 22lbs 13oz (56th%)
Head circ: 44cm (59th%)
Dr. P officially proclaimed her as "caught up" and she is no longer considered to be "premature" or lagging in meeting milestones. However, since she is still aspirating thin liquids (she dumped a cup full of bath water into her mouth the night before and aspirated so Dr P got to hear her rattly chest, etc) we have been referred to an ENT for a workup. Dr P said that Audrey will most likely have to have an endoscopy procedure done, which means she'll have to be sedated while they scope her and look for anything physiologically wrong with her. I'm not thrilled. :( Our appointment with the ENT is in mid- April so at least we don't have to wait forever. I hate the idea of her being sedated but on the other hand, I feel like enough is enough-- I don't mind thickening all her drinks but it does get tedious. We have to ALWAYS have a cup with us, or have packets of the gel, so that we can get a drink on the go. There is no swinging through a drive-through to get her a drink. I hope that the scope doesn't reveal that she has something else wrong that needs to be fixed surgically, but we will see. For now, we will continue to thicken and keep our fingers crossed for the ENT appointment.






No comments:
Post a Comment