We spent Christmas Eve with Paul's parents and grandma and had a lovely dinner. Right toward the end of dinner Audrey started losing it- I mean, completely MELTING DOWN so we quickly decided that if we were going to have any peace at church at all that evening, she couldn't go with us. I quickly drove her and Grandma home to our house and put her to bed, only to rush right back and head into church with Granny, Grandaddy, Paul, and Emily. We enjoyed a lovely service, although I have very little knowledge of what was actually said during the service because Emily was LOUDLY WHISPERING the ENTIRE time. It was ridiculous! She was so excited for Christmas and I truthfully have NO idea what she was whispering about so much, but oh my goodness....she hardly even took a breath! I felt so guilty for the people who sat around us!
When we got home from church we got changed into our matching Christmas jammies (I just love that tradition!) and got Santa's cookies and milk ready, along with carrots for the reindeer. Then we read The Night Before Christmas and she went right to sleep. Ok, she didn't go right to sleep until we said that Santa would have to skip our house if she wasn't sleeping...then she went right down! :)
The next morning she slept until just before her sun went on at about 7am. It was great to sleep that long because we were worn out from all the hustle and bustle! We got Audrey out of her bed and came into the living room to see all Santa had left- the girls were SO excited to see all their toys! We had mass present-opening for over an hour...it was madness and completely wild. Best. Morning. Ever!
![]() |
| Santa's been here!!!! |
![]() |
| Emily opening the Disney World present- we are headed there on January 8! |
![]() |
| The aftermath- stuff EVERYWHERE! |
After that we cleaned up a bit and the grandparents headed back home (they had all come from their house early in the morning to watch the present- opening). Paul and Audrey took morning naps and Emily watched a show while I cleaned up boxes and wrapping and vacuumed again. (Such a glamorous life I live, ha!) Then we started getting ready for our house to be filled up with people-- we were serving dinner for 13 that day!
In the early afternoon my parents and sister made it down and Paul's parents and grandma arrived with his Aunt Mary, Uncle Bobby, and Cousin Michael. It was so nice having everyone together and I think everyone enjoyed the day. We prepared and ate a MASSIVE amount of food (I'm not kidding when I tell you we made over 15 separate dishes, not counting desserts!) It was crazy but so much fun. I'm already looking forward to next year! :) Merry Christmas, everyone!





























No comments:
Post a Comment