- she continues to do well with the regular liquids. I am still slightly thickening juice when she gets it, but over this next month I'm going to try to wean down how much it is thickened. She is drinking organic whole milk with no thickening agent and doing great with it!
- she drinks her juice and/or water through a straw sippy cup, but is still taking a bottle for milk/bedtime. I know, I know....I am not ready for her to give it up! She is still my tiny baby...sort of. I'm planning to work on this this month, too...reluctantly. ;)
- she has 2 words, "dada/daddy" and "dog" (gog). I am so proud of her word skills! She is babbling ALL the time now- she goes on and on, we just have no idea what she's talking about yet. I love hearing her little voice.
- she can stand up on her own after pulling up on something, and she is working on getting herself into standing from the sitting/crawling position. It's really funny to watch because sometimes she'll practice the legs part and have her hands down and be bouncing her bottom up and down in the air. Other times she's practicing the arms part so she'll get into a crouching position and be throwing her arms in the air. I'm sure it will come together for her soon, but for now...very entertaining! :)
![]() | |
| The diaper + those stripes = wardrobe fail...her tiny butt looks HUGE!! |
- she is still so very cuddly. She will gladly sit in my lap or let me hold her whenever I want to. I love this so much!
- she shakes her head "no" when I tell her no. Also, she will go near something that I have said "no" about (like an electrical outlet or the vacuum) and reach her arm out and then shake her head "no" like she's telling herself...it's too funny!
- she brings me things if I ask her to (i.e., she was holding a hanger the other day and I put out my hand and said, "Give it to Mommy, please" and she crawled over and handed it to me. Smart girl!
- she has started to jump a little in her bed, which cracks us up completely. You may remember one other girl we know who jumped in her bed CONSTANTLY...
- she claps her hands and laughs whenever anyone seems happy or excited- it is so precious!
- she got sick this last week, the first sickness really since her diagnosis of swallowing dysphasia in February. She has croup but has handled it really well. I hate that we exposed the other kids in my Moms group but I'm sure it's not the first time the kids will get exposed to something this winter. She has been a trooper through the illness.
- she is obsessed with my tongue and teeth...her hands are always in there. Tonight we were in Playroom with Emily and I was sitting on the floor. Audrey came over, ripped open my mouth and shoved her hand in there and laughed so hard. Then I took her hand out and she full-on screamed at me...whoa, Nellie! I thought she was supposed to be more easygoing?!?! ;)
- I think we're in a big growth spurt- we had an unexpected trip to the doctor this week (see above) and she has grown 1/2 a pound and 1/2 an inch since her appointment on September 6! Her feet are finally growing too-- hallelujah!!
- she loves to play in the playroom with all the stand up toys...loves it. As soon as we start up the stairs she gets so squealy and excited- I love it!
- we finally did her cake smash photos...only 4 weeks late for her first birthday, ha! She definitely was happy to eat more cake, even if we did have to quit early due to windy conditions.
Thanks for checking in on my sweet little lady!















No comments:
Post a Comment