- The nicest family EVER moved in next door to us. Ordinarily, that would be good enough, but they also have 4 children, 2 of whom are little girls right around the same age as Emily (one just turned 4, the other is turning 6 in a few months). Emily LOVES them and loves that they invite us over to play and swim in their pool. I am so happy for our neighborhood-- this is truly an idyllic little place we have here.
- She begins dance class in another week...I am excited! She is going to have an excellent teacher and I'm so happy we have found (what I hope!) is a great class for her. 45 minutes split between tap and ballet. Now I just have to get her some shoes...we are selling ours at the studio since they are too small.
- She has to wear makeup now. Every day. When I'm getting ready she'll come in and say, "I need my makeup now Mommy- put me on the counter!" I put her up on my bathroom counter and dabble a tiny bit of blush and eye shadow on her...it's so light you literally cannot see it....but then I give her the mirror and she gushes about how BEAUTIFUL she looks. Makes me a little sad that she wants it every day, but I think it's more about wanting to make a fuss over herself, and not because she feels like she "needs" makeup to be pretty. She always keeps me guessing!
- I showed her the new kelly green Marshall shirts Paul and I bought for the football games this year...I pointed to the M logo and she said, "GO HERD!" LOVE IT.
- She is very into helping right now-- loves to throw things away for me, water the plants (this is really just an excuse to get soaking wet, I think), fold laundry, make beds, etc. I love this and love that she is genuinely wanting to help me, not doing it to get something else.
- Related to that, she is really understanding feelings a lot better now. She is picking up on the differences between sad/angry/disappointed and continually asks me if I am proud of her. Melts my heart that she is so concerned with how others feel!
- At school they are working on all kinds of things that are, frankly, a little shocking to me. The other day she came home with a printing sheet of vertical and horizontal lines (think like lines you would use to make letters/numbers). I am shocked that this is what she's doing at 3 almost 4! Her handwriting when she writes her name has already begun to improve. She drew a picture of a beach in the driveway the other day (complete with a boat!) and did such a nice job...her art skills are getting better too. I am very pleased with her preschool and so glad we got a spot there.
| Sun, beach, boat. |
- She loves to do my hair and do my (pretend) makeup with her kits upstairs.
- She is constantly playing Teacher in the playroom. The other day we came upstairs to find about 25 stuffed animals ("stuff animals" if you ask Emily) in a line in the middle of the playroom. We asked what they were doing and she said they were "lining up to take turns". Well OK then!
- She is very distraught that Audrey's birthday is coming so soon, and even more upset that it's coming before her own birthday. It should be an interesting birthday party for Audrey, to say the least!
That's about all I can think of right now. Thanks so much for checking in on my sweet girl! :)







No comments:
Post a Comment