Saturday, October 2, 2010

Audrey is 1 Month Old!


I can't believe I'm doing my first Monthly Update on Audrey!  The time goes so, so quickly!  It is hard to believe she is one month old today and yet today was also her due date.  Here's what she is doing these days:

- She is sleeping, consistently, for 3.5-4 hours at a stretch each night.  This might not sound great but with Emily I was up every 2.5 hours on the dot for 5 months straight....so this is HUGE progress for a newborn! 

- She is drinking about 2.5oz every 3 hours during the day.

- She is focusing on objects close to her face and has better tracking ability now.  Also, the "crazy eyes" are becoming less frequent now.

- She can lift her head completely up and hold it there for 3-4 seconds.  She's so strong, it's really surprising, especially given how little she is!

- I haven't weighed her to be absolutely sure, but I would estimate that she weighs about 7lbs now.  She has outgrown all her preemie clothes (in length) and is now comfortably wearing Newborn size.  She's also in size N diapers.

- She has traveled to West Virginia and Virginia, after our trip last weekend!  She slept the whole way in the car...it is so nice to travel with a tiny baby!  (Although, in her defense, Emily rode in the car quietly too!)

- She likes to spend time sleeping on my chest (or anyone else who will hold her!)  She also likes to be near Emily and looks very intently at her when Emily holds her.

She is such a great baby and we are so thankful she is here and healthy.  New picture in her "Audrey Month 2" album...holy moly I can't believe she's already on her next album! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment