Sunday, February 21, 2010

2 Years and 4 Months Old!




(The picture above is for Emily’s “Not My Birthday” party...we made a red-velvet cake which she then proclaimed belonged to Sawyer....but he was not at our house so she had to blow out the candles for him!)

It’s time for the monthly update, even though I swear I just wrote the last one! The last month has gone by so quickly, and even if I say that every month, but I feel it’s especially true this month.

Emily continues to grow and amaze us every day. She has figured out new words and phrases and is becoming quite the girly girl. She is calling herself, “Big Sister”. It melts my heart! I have struggled a bit with this pregnancy and feeling like this is something I am doing “to” her....making her share our love and attention and it has been hard. I am slowly coming around and feeling lucky for the fact that we have another healthy pregnancy and trying to enjoy these days. Even if most of them are a blur of playing with her and trying not to drop dead from exhaustion! :)

In other news, she is hilarious. I mean seriously hilarious. She told Jamey the other day “Be PATIENT, Miss Jamey!” when Jamey wanted to know why she wasn’t napping. She wants to bake cookies with me every weekend. She loves to use my makeup brushes and put on makeup and look “boo-a-full, like Aunt Mary” (Paul’s aunt. She is eating this up!) She also loves dress up clothes A LOT. Like piling on every single item in the tub loves them. I have to get her some more- it is so precious to see her try on the items and then say, “OOOOOh how pretty!” Modesty is not her thing. :)

She is becoming more and more enthusiastic about the potty but still asks for diapers. She was so bent on wearing Big Girl Panties the other morning that she wore them OVER her pants to Miss Jamey’s house. It’s funny- we hardly batted an eye...that is definitely within her character.

She asks about the “Good Girl Bed” about once a week now. It looks like she will maybe get the GGB the last week of March? My students are on Spring Break and I just have Teacher Workdays so I can be a little tired on those days. I am praying, PRAYING for an easy transition but who knows. We’ve gotta do it sometime, I guess!

I’ll update more soon....super tired tonight! Thanks for checking in on our sweet girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment