Wednesday, October 21, 2009

2 Year Old Girl!!!!



So, expect a lengthy post after the festivities this weekend about new and improved TWO YEAR OLD GIRL....but for now, I will update you on our 2 year old well-child visit today:

Stats:

Weight: 25lbs 8oz- 35% (she moved up a couple percentiles- yay!)

Height: 35.5" (90%....how did we get a tall kid?)

Head: 19cm and some change... I forgot to ask about the percentile for that.

Her doctor said she looks great, was impressed with her language skills. She SHOULD have been impressed with Emily's art skills since I had given her a pen and paper to draw on while we waited, and she drew all over HERSELF instead. Seriously!

She had already had MMR at her 18 month appointment so today she got her Hib booster, regular flu shot, and, to my great joy and satisfaction, H1N1 shot too! After having my student's father die this week from swine flu I feel like the risk of getting it FAR outweighs the risk of getting the shot. I was mistaken that Emily couldn't have the H1N1 vaccine- she just couldn't have the nasal mist b/c of her asthma. So I was thrilled that she was able to get it!

Unfortunately, yesterday we noticed a rash on her diaper area...today she has it on her legs, feet, and lower tummy, as well as blisters in her mouth- she has hand, foot, and mouth disease. It's a virus and the pedi said not to worry about it- all her friends at Miss Jamey's have already been exposed (DD has it now too). Since it's a virus there's no antibiotics or anything...just Tylenol to help with fevers if there are any. The doctor was 100% not worried and said it was still safe to give her the vaccinations today.

We don't go back until April for a 30 month appointment. Dr Y was WAY impressed that we haven't been in since her 18 month appointment!

No comments:

Post a Comment