I skipped out of work early today to take Emmy for her 18 month (ok, 18 months and 3 weeks) appointment. She tipped the scales at 23lbs 14oz (30th percentile), 33 3/4 inches tall (93th percentile) and head circumference of 18 3/4 inches (73rd percentile). This is probably the ONLY time in her life she's considered "tall"...she's 2 foot 9, people! :) She was chatting it up while Dr Amy and I were talking, and then she said, "Oh, so she says some words?" And I said she knows about 100 (75 last time I counted, which was over 3 weeks ago, and she is picking up about 2-3 a day now...I really can't keep up!) and the doc's face changed completely. She said, "How many words??" and I said, "About 100....why- how many should she know?" thinking something was wrong. Anyway, she laughed and said, "She should know about 15 at least...so you're pretty good in the word department!" I was so pleased to hear her say that! I mean, I know Emily talks a lot but I think any parent would like hearing a statement like that from their pedi. At least I did!
So, after that, she checked Emily out, we discussed the Flovent she is on for asthma and she recommended that we put her on a daily dose of OTC Zyrtec to control the allergy symptoms. We also discussed peanut butter and other nuts- she said the concern with regular nuts is not allergic reactions but choking hazards...so she discouraged those but said to go ahead and try PB. So looks like my sweet girl might get some peanut butter here soon! We also talked about strawberries and how she has had them already but Paul is allergic. Somehow I feel better having heard her say that it's unlikely that Emily is allergic (sorry Paul! I know, you said it first). So, now we can have 2 strawberry eaters in our house. :)
After that, she got 3 shots, cried a lot, and then we left! Her next appointment is her TWO year appointment, in October.





No comments:
Post a Comment