Well, Emily Fans, it’s that time again! The 17 month update! I can’t believe how big our baby has gotten this month!
First, I will attempt to list all of her new words….but seriously friends, I think this is the last time. Her vocabulary is HUGE! Basically, if you or I can say it, so can she. I am not even kidding. She is absorbing so many things right now and is even starting little phrases…I love it! Here’s my attempt at Emily’s Word List, Age 17 Months (new words in bold print):
1. apple
2. uh-oh (in response to falling down or dropping something)
3. doggie (FINALLY!)
4. Mama
5. Dada/Daddy/Dadadadadadad
6. more
7. more please (this one makes me *extra* proud!)
8. uh huh (yes)
9. uh-uh (no)
10. no (getting quite good at this one....ugh!)
11. Booker (sounds like “ocker”)
12. bite
13. ouchie
14. bye bye
15. baby (sounds like bee bee)
16. hi
17. hello (heyo)
18. poo poo
19. DeeDee (Jamey’s son’s name)
20. cookie
21. eat
22. cheese
23. GO!
24. help
25. up
26. grapes (gape)
27. happy (from “If You’re Happy and You Know It”)
28. outside
29. stack (for her stacking blocks)
30. RAAH (like a scary roar…we do this back and forth sometimes)
31. LOVE YOU
32. brush (like toothbrush)
33. cracker
34. cookie (sounds like “cocky”)
35. teeth (as in “brush teeth”…sounds like “teesh”)
36. shirt
37. socks
38. shoes
39. cup (sounds like “bop”)
40. Emmy (as in, her own name! I have an adorable video I will have Paul post…so cute!)
41. juice
42. pizza
43. Hey Dad!
44. Hey baby/ yay baby!! (see funny story below)
45. potty (poppy)
46. push buttons (sounds like “pusha buttahs”. She says this in the garage so she can push the door button, or with my computer mouse, or my phone…basically all over!)
47. I-E-I-E ( this is how she asks to sing Old MacDonald Had A Farm- she says I-E-I-E instead of EIEIO. So cute! She also attempted to say “Old MacDonald” but it sounded more like “Doda Dahduh” and she only did it once so I’m not counting it.)
48. Hot dog! (from the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse closing song…she loves Mickey!)
49. Elmo (pronounced “elbow”)
50. bathtub (bottub)
OK so I’m calling it quits with 50 words…that’s PLENTY, in my book! And now, for the funny stories and new things she’s doing:
-A few days ago I was using the bathroom and Emmy came wandering in. She is getting very interested in the potty so I was making a HUGE deal about going pee pee in the potty—walking her through all the steps, etc. When I was finished she looked at me and said, “Yay Baby!” in the happiest voice!
-Also related to using the potty, if you come to our house right now I am sure you’ll be happy to know that you won’t need to flush the toilet after you’ve used the bathroom- Emily is now the official Flusher. Isn’t it nice to know that little job is all taken care of at our house? It’s like we have a maid, really.
-She played with PlayDoh for the first time the other day and liked it pretty well. Well, until she sampled a little bit…then she really didn’t have a lot of interest in it!
-She LOVES playing outside and playing in the dirt. Sometimes I wonder if God is challenging me by giving me a daughter who likes dirt so very much…I was hoping for more of a tea party/ dress up/ ballet class kind of girl, but it’s ok. I will love her even if she comes in dirty every night!
-She has learned to take off her diaper. No huge problems with this so far but we are really limiting the time she has to mess with it, and we’re definitely using the zipper jammies as long as possible until she grows out of this. I would hate to think of what this could lead to, haha!
-She picks out her own snacks. And by picks out, I mean she stands in front of the pantry until I finally open the door, then waits to be picked up so *she* can get it off the shelf. And don’t EVEN try to help her put her food on a fork or a spoon…oh no. She. Can. Do. It. Her. Self!
-Also in the realm of new independence, I bought her a “big girl” toothbrush and she LOVES brushing her teeth at night. She actually does not like me to help with this at all but I don’t love the idea of toddler dentures so I win. The other night after she drank her milk I put her on the floor to see if she would walk to her crib for bed or walk to the bathroom to brush teeth…she walked to the bathroom saying “Teesh, teesh”. I was SO proud!
-She said her own name to me when I asked her—“Emmmy!”
-She is singing like nobody’s business right now. I mean any song, especially little kids’ ones with hand motions, etc…she loves all music. Some current favorites are “Peter, James and John in a Sailboat”, “Old MacDonald Had a Farm”, “Itsy Bitsy Spider”, “If You’re Happy and You Know It”, the ABCs, Days of the Week, Months of the Year (haha- can you say Teacher’s Kid?). She wants to sing all the time!
-She is also dancing a lot- and it is hilarious! She starts out slowly, just moving her head back and forth…then comes the whole body rocking, and most recently she has added spinning in circles til she gets dizzy and falls over. It is hysterical to watch!
-She is rolling and throwing her balls and has attempted kicking as well, but doesn’t quite have the coordination for that yet.
-I was juggling (ok, ok, attempting to juggle) for her the other day and she took 2 balls and pretended to juggle them with me. She is very good at imitating.
-Speaking of pretending, in the grocery store now she has to hold an item (for whatever reason, the frozen items seem to be her favorite…I will never understand….) and while she holds it she “eats” it, by putting her hand on it, then pretending to put something in her mouth and chew it up. So funny!
-She currently weighs about 25lbs (clothed and with shoes). I peeked when she was standing on the bathroom scale. If I were betting I would say she is 30 inches tall and 24lbs. We go to the pediatrician next month so I will know for sure soon!
Speaking of my sweet girl she is just waking up from her nap so I have to run. Thanks for checking on our princess!





No comments:
Post a Comment