First, Happy Valentine’s Day! We had a wonderful morning here and spent it taking Emily to the local Children’s Museum. She had a SUPER GREAT time playing and being with all the other children! We finished the morning with a delicious pizza from a great spot downtown. Emily was so cute all morning- ver loving and excited. It was so much fun to see her “in her element” so to speak and having so much fun!
As far as updates go...well boy is there a lot to update! I won’t share everything because then I’ll have nothing new for my Month 16 update next Saturday, but here’s a few snippets of what’s been happening in our house lately!
1.Emily has learned how to RUN! Have I mentioned this before? Anyway, she is a holy terror in the house, running as fast as she can, wherever she can, whenever she can. She cannot be stopped! So far she’s great at the running part but needs some practice in the “stopping” and “turning” departments. She is a tough girl though- she falls down and hops right back up-- no tears, kisses from Mommy, etc. She just keeps going!
2.Emily has also figured out how to blow raspberries on MY stomach! Isn’t that hilarious? There are pics of her doing it in the Month 16 album. It is so funny and makes me burst into giggles every time. There is a downside, however... now she is even more determined (if this were even possible!) to lift up my shirt at any time (any place, in front of any one....are you seeing the problems with this?) We had some friends over for the Superbowl and suddenly she was lifting my shirt up in the middle of the kitchen!! Thank goodness they were close friends! Haha!
3.She is saying SO MANY new words. It’s seriously going to take me a couple days to write them all down. Notable new ones include “help” (soooo helpful! I love this one!), “outside”, “hot dog” (no no- NOT because she is eating them! Because of the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse song, ha!), and....drumroll please....... I’m pausing for dramatic effect..........
LOVE YOU!! Yes-- it’s true! She says “Love you!”. But really only just repeating when we say it. But try wiping the big grin off my face when she says it....just try. :)
4.She has become such a big girl with the Goodbye every morning when I drop her at Jamey’s. I decided to just tell her goodbye instead of trying to sneak out and it’s working MUCH better- she gives me hugs, kisses, and sometimes will even say “die die” (bye bye”) to me. It makes my day!
OK- so that’s all for now. Like I said, the 16 month update is coming next weekend so I’ve got to keep some stuff for later~ Thanks for checking on our girl. Make sure you look at the new pics in the Month 16 album!





No comments:
Post a Comment